First Time restorer....putting 350 chevy engine into 1952 pickup frame

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

First Time restorer....putting 350 chevy engine into 1952 pickup frame

Dwalter Dwalter
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 02/18/08
08:38 PM

Wondering if i can put a 350 engine into a 1952 frame. I have the motor and trany mounted together setting on top of the bare frame. Not really sure what to do next in order to make motor mounts and where exactally to set it.

Thanks Dustin  

Hank60P Hank60P
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 02/20/08
09:00 PM

HI  Dwalter::  was reading you message and thought I would try to give you a few hints on something like this.
First of all you should start setting the cab and then you can go ahead and set the engine close to the cab with enough clearance for the engine.   In most truck after market places you should be able to locate a front engine mount adapter and one for the trany that would fit the frams of these okd trucks......  

Dwalter Dwalter
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 02/21/08
06:27 AM

Hank60P
Thanks for the info I just mounted the cab on it yesterday will try to get to the mounts this weekend. If anything else comes to mind let me know.  

Church Church
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 03/24/08
05:37 PM

If you move the engine a little off center, to the passenger side you will have more clearance for you exhaust has been my experience. Keep the engine line up straight, just move to one side a little. Also had to move the steering box about 1 and 1/2 inches further out from the frame. This was never a problem with the steering or the box, but gave the exhaust just enough room to not be touching anything on that side. I always like to put a modern radiator in also so that you have better cooling. They also have built in transmission coolers too if you go that way.- Church