Wanted Studebaker Expert

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

Wanted Studebaker Expert

tailgaterdude tailgaterdude
User | Posts: 194 | Joined: 02/09
Posted: 11/24/09
05:10 AM

I learned how to drive in a 1948 Studebaker truck. When you are young around cars and trucks , you get a life long connection/loyalty to that brand. Even before that my first step dad was a salesman for a Studebaker dealership and brought home demos and brochures. I have a real feel for the Studebaker brand . I do not know everything about Studebaker's. I know I grew up with Studes and that was the ,1948 Truck. You would push the clutch pedal down to start it and it had a under-dash hood release. Way ahead of it's time for innovations. I am rambling..... There is a question that has bothered me for years and I NEED AN EXPERT on Studebakers.Ever since I have been an adult gear head and going to car shows since 1976 (Ike's Street Rod Picnic. Turlock,Calif.)I have seen all kinds of cars/truck .. Some of the Studebaker's (which a very rare to see) are being called 1948 when I, a semi-expert know it as a 1949.I have seen as featured trucks in magazines and at all kinds of shows ,a 1949 called a 1948??? I have bit my lip and not approached anyone to confront . I have looked at all the books on Studebaker's and they mostly cover the history of the cars and very little on trucks. My question is in 1948 ,which body style is correct. I fyou have read all of this thanks for your time...........................Dude Confused  

oldblu65 oldblu65
User | Posts: 243 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 03/03/10
06:23 PM

tailgaterdude , try one of the Studebaker forums such as www.studebakerdriversclub.com ! I'm sure there are other sites beside that one but it should be helpful to you ! If that doesn't give you the info you seek , try a Google search For " Studebaker truck forums " ! Good luck !  
----------------------  " Experience is something you get just after you need it " -----------------

tailgaterdude tailgaterdude
User | Posts: 194 | Joined: 02/09
Posted: 03/03/10
08:53 PM

Thanks for the info............ I had to vent at the time because of the mislabled years of featured truck in Mags..........................................Dude-")  

schmid1 schmid1
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/10
Posted: 09/29/10
09:24 PM

hi the name is wayne from roswell new mexico. I have been around stds most of my life becouse of my family. the question you  ask, is not hard one to ask ? as fare as I know the 1948 body stile is the to look at, cuse like most car dillers in the world, the body stile change every 5 years to keep up with the jones. I hope this help you out Wayne  

oldblu65 oldblu65
User | Posts: 243 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 11/08/10
08:46 PM

TDude , might also try the following website : http://studetrucks.tripod.com/  
----------------------  " Experience is something you get just after you need it " -----------------