Ad Radar
Classic Trucks
Click here to find out more!

MERCURY PICKUP for trade (last year and last truck)

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

MERCURY PICKUP for trade (last year and last truck)

1968_M100 1968_M100
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 11/15/10
02:21 PM

back in 2001 i wanted to get a 68 or 69 ford truck as a every day driver . as i was shopping i remembered these mercury trucks as a kid in canada .. looked up on the net and sure there was 3 for sale in my price range .. so i set out to get the one with the lowest mileage . 3 weeks later im up there buying it and the old man says to me "by the way.. this is the last one they made" well i know 1968 was the last year they made these ,and only 290 trucks were made .your saying this is the last truck ,,"yes" i did what resreach i could when i got it home and came up with rock solid in stone the last day of production but thats as far is i ever took it.
 now 9 years later i had 3 back opperations and cant restore a truck like i use too . i never got to have my old truck as a daily driver.
i have this old truck but dont drive it much, people are telling me it should be in a meusium .. so i didnt want to rack up miles on it . didnt want to change a thing on it .. i feel it deserves more than i can provide for it . and if its to go somewhere else , someone who can afford to give it a proper restoration and treat it for what it is ..
  so were talking trade here .. or cash ..

could be a nice classic pickup or a convertable .not interested in anything 1972+
pictures can be seen at mercurypickup . com  its the yellow 68 with a white grille  . or wingedmessanger.com    bottom of the page on the mercury truck section ..
 ac2aca@roadrunner.com   andrew