1956 f250

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

1956 f250

RustyStolzz RustyStolzz
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/11
Posted: 10/18/11
08:11 AM

I am looking at purchasing a 1956 f250 pickup.  My dad has wanted a classic truck for years and I came across this one the other day.  The story is that it was owned by an electric company and then sat in a garage for years.  The body looks to be in great shape no rust and I can't see any bondo but the truck has been repainted.  The interior is also in great shape no tears and isn't faded.  The engine and transmission are supposed to be original (how can I verify that).  It starts and run smoothy.  He says the engine and tranny haven't been rebuilt.  He also states the truck only has 46,000 miles on it.  That sounds really low to me.  How can I verify that?  He is asking $5000 for that truck.  What do you guys think?  Thanks in advance for any help advice you can give.  I'm really hoping this truck is a good find.  

Arizonakid Arizonakid
User | Posts: 135 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 10/23/11
06:57 PM

the truck sounds like a nice find.... but depending on where you live the price sounds a bit high. check the pedals floor mat, rubber pieces etc to see if they have been "lightly used"
personally, i would look for a F100 if you plan to drive it any further than the corner store as the f250 trucks were geared to work and ride like a chuck wagon and
not as collectable as f100's  But! you can always change out the running gear to F100 which is something i wish i had done to my f250