G'day from Down under!

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

G'day from Down under!

Pick-up-Rocka Pick-up-Rocka
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/12
Posted: 01/01/12
01:18 PM

Just Like to say hey! I'm totally new to the world of pickups, but as a rockabilly/ratrod/hotrod lover i've fallen in love with 56/57 chevy pickups and within the next I should be in a postition to buy my own from the states. In the mean time I need to research the hell out of Pickups so i can resto/rod my own pickup and see just how much work is involved with being able to build one up to be able to cope with road trips up and down the East coast of Oz for rockabilly, hotrod and car shows.
I know I'm a newbie but i'm willing to learn and listen cheers for reading! Cool  

oldblu65 oldblu65
User | Posts: 243 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 01/03/12
08:31 PM

Welcome to CT !  
----------------------  " Experience is something you get just after you need it " -----------------

Pick-up-Rocka Pick-up-Rocka
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/12
Posted: 05/07/13
05:37 PM

Bit of an up date since my first post. I've got a new Truck of my own a Toyota and i'm seeling my other hobby car wich is a modern *** car, I'm a few Grand short on my goal but so very very close, The budget is about $25,000AUS with that i need to purchase the Truck import it and get it passed a Australian compliance and the hardest part pass a department of transport raod worthy!! this has meant i need to buy a truck thats very close to stock with minimal rust and engine in good condition (no oil/fluid leaks) I'm starting to really sweat it if there is actually are truck out there for me! and if i should give in and go they way of a sedan.... :-(  

CST-MAN CST-MAN
New User | Posts: 38 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 05/29/13
03:25 AM

I think that I speak for most members when I say stick with pickups! Everyone has a car, but old trucks are way cooler! There's just something about bringing an old truck that has seen a life of abuse back to better than new again! Good luck in your search!