GOOD restoration shop

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

GOOD restoration shop

DLBoone DLBoone
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 12/18/12
06:31 AM

Hi, my name is Daniel, I'll be 73 in 9 days, been there, done that, can remember. Just joined this forum. I am going to do some restoration work on my 1952 5 window 4 on the floor pickup. It is stock except for the later cheve rear end  with, I think is, 308 gears. I love the 4 speed trany but it is very hard to shift down on the run. Does anyone know a GOOD shop near Palmdale, Ca. that could help me out with this? It needs a NEW BED, BODY/PAINT, POWER STEERING, CHROME, some Engine work, etc. I have tried 3 shops that did more damage than good to my cars, like charge the 6V battery with 12Vs and blow out my radio, light etc.on my 49 Caddy and then went belly up or pushed my 49 and bent my $250.00 plates in half, and yes, moved out of town. I'm scared to trust anyone but also know there is some good shops out there. Hope someone can point one out for me. Thanks Daniel  

ssssingo ssssingo
New User | Posts: 19 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 05/22/13
06:44 AM

Hi Daniel. I'm doing a complete ressurection on a 52 Suburban but because I am in the UK and so far my car is still in the US I have had to entrust the same degree of work to someone with a degree of worry. I can say though that after a great many recomendations Starlite Rod and Kustom in Torrance, CA have been everything I want from the process. If this is near you speak to Edgar or Jack and tell them I sent you.

They totally understanded what I wanted and are sympathetic to the old girls ;-)

Hope this is of some help