Posted: 05/22/13
04:14 PM

What is the best carb to run on my 235 chevy truck
Thanks Ed  

waynep712222 waynep712222
User | Posts: 209 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 05/24/13
08:00 PM

hmm... there are only a hand full of single barrel carbs available...

i did send a request over to demon carbs to perhaps create one using holley 4150/4160 float bowl and metering block..

only the main body would need to be die cast... the base plate could be cnc machined.. as several versions would be needed to fit the various models..   the metering block and float bowl would need to be offset to allow only the use of one side..

this would make the carb easily tunable with existing parts and only a small number of production dies might be needed ..

hmm.. they could even make the throttle lever bolt on top of the end of throttle shaft removable flanges... so the throttle actuation could be on either end of the carb throttle shaft..

in second thought... there are a few more ways to skin this carb issue..

creating a custom carb adaptor.... but .. its only a single barrel carb adaptor.. so it has a single opening... but will allow you to bolt either a 2 barrel motorcraft or holley flange 2 barrel.. or a 4 barrel holley on it.. blocking all the other  main jets.. and venturis so no fuel or vacuum leaks from cross passages.. also block one of the accelerator pump nozzle.. one would need to select a less agressive pump cam..

what got me thinking is the quadrajet carb i have kicking around... it has no secondaries at all.. its all blocked off..  right from the factory..  it was probably for a V6 engine..  i should probably drop that on my 460 and see if i can get some decent fuel economy on just the tiny primary barrels..  or melt my pistons..

some sites have weber 2 barrels available for these... with various options...  progressive 2 barrels and one that has both barrels that open at the same time..