buckets seat for a 72 C-10

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

buckets seat for a 72 C-10

Chevydude350 Chevydude350
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 06/06/13
11:48 AM

Looking for buckets seats with drop down console any good manufactures of new seats or ideas of what will fit from a newer model chevy that will fit into my 72 c-10.

thanks  

waynep712222 waynep712222
User | Posts: 209 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 06/07/13
01:43 PM

early to mid 90s caddy eldorado 2 door seats..    usually 60/40 split with a lay down arm rest...  MIGHT FIT if you can score some tracks..

measure the mounting bolts up from the floor.. measure the height of any hump in your floor..  and the thickness of the seat back.. as you might have an issue with the in cab seat back thickness.. unless you like to get close and personal with the rim of the steering wheel..   also measure the distance between the closed doors with the windows down..   what good will all the work be if you cannot close the doors or have no room to reach the seat belts..

be sure that you copy the VIN NUMBER off any car or truck that becomes a donor.. so you know what each part came off of..

i have not performed this swap on a truck.. but on other gm cars. i even got the eldo seats to move with relays.. eldo seats fold forward for rear access.. seville do not...

option is to run both exhaust pipes down one side of the drive shaft.. install a newer style fuel tank inside the frame rails to protect it..  gives you more room in the cab also..   if you don't have a lot of room.. think smaller trucks for donors... rangers... S10 pickups..  only issue is the filler neck..

there are upholstery shops that can take your existing frames and rebuild the springs as new springs are available..