1959 gmc rebuild from a new person in the group

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

1959 gmc rebuild from a new person in the group

Popstruck2 Popstruck2
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 03/18/13
01:51 PM

I have inherited my dads 1959 gmc fleet side truck. As you can tell it is in pretty rough shape. Rust in the

Usual places. The front has been wrecked. But a semi new one is in the back.
What ever I do will consist
Of a total tear down and rebuild on every thing.
But where do I start?
My goal is to make it a show worthy, but not worried about winning first place.
Make it original but with upgrades (  rotor brakes, seat belts, possibly fuel injected for the economics and not racing)
Pass it down to my girls as an inheritance but if I want to sell it it will be worth something?
Do I stay with the fleet side or do look for a longbed stepside. Will it be worth it to go stepside?
Looking for a donor truck that is almost has all components and I am willing to travel to look.
I have rebuilt a 1976 4x4 Chevy truck from the ground up but am using it as a work truck.
So this is going In a different direction.
Am looking for any and all suggestions
I will post pictures as soon as I can  

waynep71222 waynep71222
User | Posts: 221 | Joined: 05/12
05:46 PM

upload some images to an image hosting site like photobucket..

you can follow forum member idrivejunk on this thread from a sister magazine here...

http://forums.chevyhiperformance.com/70/9254200/auto-body-work/55-truck-bodywork/

he has several other projects going on as the 55 is finished..  

waynep71222 waynep71222
User | Posts: 221 | Joined: 05/12
05:47 PM

oh.. my mistake.. the 55 is not finished.. .

when you upload them to the image hosting sites... use the links that begin with IMG to paste here..  

hoytcrouch hoytcrouch
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 11/13
Posted: 11/18/13
09:48 AM

If you make it fairly nice and with disc brakes,fuel injection etc, it will be worth between $25,000-$35,00. Just a word of advice DO NOT CHANGE THE BED. A fleet side bed is pretty rare and highly desired, it increases the value.