Overdrive

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

Overdrive

phillipstapp phillipstapp
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/13
Posted: 11/04/13
07:01 PM

I have a 55 1st Series with factory Overdrive. The wiring was a mess,so I have rewired the entire truck. The truck had already been converted to 12 volt. Question: Do I have to install a "reducer in the power line(s) for this OD? There MAY have been a reducer but the wiring was such a mess that I am not sure there was one. THANK YOU  

wayne712222 wayne712222
User | Posts: 180 | Joined: 10/13
Posted: 11/07/13
04:44 AM

you will need to use an OHM meter and measure the resistance of the devices in the overdrive unit..

if its a solenoid or a motor..

then compare that to a known 12 volt unit..  and a known 6 volt unit..

sometimes.. the voltages are stamped on the sides of the electrical devices..

or hang out here and check in once in a while.. somebody will drop in i hope and have an answer..

you can also call some classic transmission rebuilders or parts suppliers..  

RVAH-13 RVAH-13
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 01/14
Posted: 01/28/14
12:09 PM

Icon Quotewayne712222:
you will need to use an OHM meter and measure the resistance of the devices in the overdrive unit..

or hang out here and check in once in a while.. somebody will drop in i hope and have an answer..

Check out www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/projects/overdrive.  There is an excellent article on the T-85N transmission and overdrive wiring.  Hope it is helpful, the author did a great job explaining.  

RVAH-13 RVAH-13
12:09 PM

Icon Quotewayne712222:

Check out www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/projects/overdrive.  There is an excellent article on the T-85N transmission and overdrive wiring.  Hope it is helpful, the author did a great job explaining.  

RVAH-13 RVAH-13
12:11 PM

Icon Quotewayne712222: