1985 Restore cloth wire loom

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

1985 Restore cloth wire loom

85silverlong 85silverlong
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/17/13
02:58 PM

Hi, first time posting here. i have a 1985 chevy c10 and i was wanting to re-wire it. what im looking for is somewhere i could get some grey cloth wire loom.  

waynep712222 waynep712222
User | Posts: 209 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 05/18/13
09:12 AM

i am not understanding... cloth...

older cars... use a cotton overwrap.. that was WOVEN around the harness by a special machine..

there are a few shops with those machines...  last i heard was egge machine had somebody who could do that.. but i could be wrong..  and that was a decade ago..

there are various colors of ZIP tubing available... i black is always and easily available.. i have seen grey in some stores...  but i have seen yellow and red also.. but i don't have a source.. probably one of the dress up suppliers...

i have a question... WHY do you want to REWIRE your 85 chevy truck...

is the harness damaged??? not functioning properly...

i am very familiar with most automotive electrical systems... and most can be fixed without rewiring the truck...

if you have a custom truck... and you want to hide the harness.. then thats a different subject..

and you will probably want to either hide the headlight and front turn signal wiring inside the frame or above the fenderwell inside the fenders..

if you can describe what you are wanting.. i might be able to point you in a direction...  or post some tips..