77 Restoration

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

77 Restoration

Highboy77 Highboy77
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/13
Posted: 06/06/13
03:55 PM

Hi, new to the forum, thought I'd post a question. So I bought a 77 F-250 XLT Highboy and. I'm doing some light restoration on it. It's in pretty good shape, most of the work is cosmetic. I'm getting ready to add the chrome back to the outside of it, and need the clips that hold it in place. Any good sources for those? Also, I'm not sure about what to do with the chrome. Some of the pieces are in excellent condition, but some are in bad shape. I was thinking about shooting them with plasti-dip, high gloss black, or leaving them the way they are. The truck is repainted dodge viper yellow (not my doing). What are your thoughts on the appearance, and which option do you think would be best for resale? Thanks  

Highboy77 Highboy77
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/13
Posted: 06/06/13
04:05 PM

Also its on 37" tires with white wheels and has a 8" body lift  

waynep712222 waynep712222
User | Posts: 209 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 06/07/13
01:20 PM

leave it like it is....

put it on craigslist... or the recyclerclassifieds..

get the proper bill of sale receipt that also says...   you are selling it "as is"   "where is"..  no warrantee...

this way.. the buyer may not be able to come back at you when they find they cannot register something like that in your area..    too much lift kit..   also dangerous for you to sell any other way...

be sure to copy buyers drivers license info your self onto the as is where is and have them sign it..

they get a copy.. you keep a copy... don't loose it..

you can also apply at the motor vehicles.. for TITLE only... no registration.. this gives you the ability to sell it and not worry about it being street legal...

or since you probably bought it at the police impound  it will just have lien sale paperwork..   got to be a reason it got impounded..  and not retrieved..

thank you for flying spruce goose airlines...  where our planes are too big for any runway in the world..

and yes.. i know it was a flying boat..

is it really sarcasm if one has to explain it..???  

waynep712222 waynep712222
User | Posts: 209 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 06/07/13
01:30 PM

there are about 5 or 6 various offroad and 4x4 magazines on this site..

put up some pictures of it at photobucket..