Am I stupid, am I?

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

Am I stupid, am I?

Phil59 Phil59
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 12/13
Posted: 01/01/14
03:00 PM

So I see this beautiful looking 51 on eBay and bid it up to 27 thousand.  It's supposedly all fresh with a 327 and all C4 suspension in it but it doesn't hit reserve so I call the guy up and he tells me that the reserve is 34.  34?  It must be really great, right?  The auction ends and I fly to FL and it's all fresh, looks new so I give the guy 32 large and proceed to drive it home and guess what, it drinks oil like I drink beer. Six quarts by the time I get home.  Turns out it needs guides at least.  

Then we get it up on the lift and the frame is cracked in two places.  The knucklehead ground the frame away so much so he could stick the Corvette R & P in that he weakened the frame but get this, he didn't have to do it!  There was plenty of room to work with but not only that, all the idiot had to do was to weld a metal plate across the frame to make it ridged as hell but he cheaped out.  There's more but I'm tired.  I'll come back in a day or two.  Stay away from this guy.  His name is Derek Owens.  He's an idiot and I'm an even bigger one.  Phil