1953 chevy truck, stock, with modern/ master cylinder

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

1953 chevy truck, stock, with modern/ master cylinder

1950kale 1950kale
New User | Posts: 14 | Joined: 06/13
Posted: 07/15/13
12:55 PM

hi everyone, i am trying to install a master cylinder in my 53 1 ton chevy, its one of the ones that needs an adaptor bracket. i have installed it, but the pushrod pushes on the cylidner at an angle, & hist the edge at the bottom of the push. any ideas how to straighten this out? perhaps a spacer on where the pushrod connects to where the cotter pin goes? the truck is manual so it has a clutch as well  

waynep712222 waynep712222
User | Posts: 209 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 07/15/13
09:48 PM

take some photos.. upload them to photo bucket dot com.. or one of the other free image hosting sites..

there are links there to post individual images here.. so we can see the issue you are having..

i will have to look around. this is not something i am familiar with..

what brand and model # of bracket and master did you purchase???   have you talked to the vendor or manufacturer??

is this kinda what you got??

how about some installed pictures from several angles if possible.. i am fairly good at figuring out whats wrong...

1950kale 1950kale
New User | Posts: 14 | Joined: 06/13
Posted: 07/16/13
01:00 PM

ok, that is what i got, & i think i have it figured out now, i think I'm just going to have to put a spacer so that it wont push an angle anymore, i will try to upload some pictures if my camera/computer let me.