1972 Chevy Surburban

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

1972 Chevy Surburban

heroe627 heroe627
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/14
Posted: 03/04/14
08:22 PM

I recently bought a 72 Surburban but wasnt sure if I should change chassis to a newer chassis. My Surburban is a 2 wheel drive but want to make it a 4wd. I dont know if this is going to be alot of work or if I should just get a newer surburban frame thats already 4wd. I was wondering if anyone has made the conversion from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive. I already have the differential the transmission and the transfer case. The differential is from a 1972 blazer. Im not sure if the differential is the same gearing as the rear differential of the the 72 Surburban. I wasnt sure if it would be easier to change the whole shell or if it would be easier to make the the surburban 4wheel drive. Im also on a budget and dont want to spend too much money on this project since I have about 2 other cars waiting to be fixed. I also wanted to see if anyone one had any good information about good leaf springs. I will need to get new leaf springs for the surbuban but wanted to have a smooth ride. I know deavers are really good but also really expensive. I wanted to know if anyone knew of a good brand as far as smooth ride. I have heard about procomp leaf srings being really good and not as expensive.