driveline slip yoke needed

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

driveline slip yoke needed

panheadbutch panheadbutch
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 04/14
Posted: 04/02/14
02:59 PM

I recently came across a 1961 F-100 stepside with a bad 3 speed tranny, I found another tranny but the output shaft spline is different that the old tranny, I am looking for a 28 spline slip yoke that measures the best I can tell at 1.184" in diameter any body out there have an idea where I can find this item

Thanks

Panheadbutch  

wayne712222 wayne712222
User | Posts: 180 | Joined: 10/13
Posted: 04/02/14
04:57 PM

more than likely... almost any mid 60s to late 70s ford small or mid size car..

there were 25 spline yokes

there were 28 spline yoks..

there are i think 31 spline or 33 spline yokes

you might want to check with a drive shaft shop in your area..

take a look at this one.. but i would have to reverse cross reference if this would fit..

edit.. your truck uses a rockford K153 joint.. that is the spicer 1301.. so its a fit. if the transmissions are the same length..  and if the yoke OD is correct

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Ford-C4-Transmission-Drive-Shaft-Slip-Yoke,9317.html

is there an ID tag on the side of the transmission.. under a bolt.. if you can post that tag info.. i can cross reference it to perhaps make it easier to  select the proper yoke..  

Posted: 04/03/14
04:55 AM

Wayne , thanks for the quick response, there is a tag on the replacement tranny I picked up, top line -HEF  Bottom line- 019607

The tranny is some what different in appearance, the original tranny had the inspection cover with the shifting levers on the side, this replacement tranny has the inspection cover on the top, the front spline is the same, and the replacement tranny s slightly longer,  figured that I would have to have the driveline modified.

Your help is appreciated

Butch  

04:55 AM

Wayne , thanks for the quick response, there is a tag on the replacement tranny I picked up, top line -HEF  Bottom line- 019607

The tranny is some what different in appearance, the original tranny had the inspection cover with the shifting levers on the side, this replacement tranny has the inspection cover on the top, the front spline is the same, and the replacement tranny s slightly longer,  figured that I would have to have the driveline modified.

Your help is appreciated

Butch  

04:59 AM

Wayne , as a follow up
the diameter of the out put shaft  measures at 1.184"

The one you mentioned and you sent a link to says that the yoke is for C-4 tranny's only , will this make any difference

Butch  

05:00 AM

Wayne , as a follow up

The one you mentioned and you sent a link to says that the yoke is for C-4 tranny's only , will this make any difference

Butch  

05:00 AM

Wayne , as a follow up

Thanks
Butch