67-72 under bed mounted gas tank for LS

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

67-72 under bed mounted gas tank for LS

chad_zeh chad_zeh
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 06/14
Posted: 06/04/14
01:49 PM

Just a question for anyone who might have some insight.    I am currently building a 69 C-10 (using a 72 C-10 frame and coil spring set up). Although I am open to changing the rear suspension as thus far I have not upgraded the springs etc..    I am swapping in a 2002 6.0 LS motor which should have the fuel pump in the tank.  I would like to also install a Reese hitch under the back to tow a small flatbed trailer(mostly for hauling parts).   I currently have installed on the frame the accessory springs to assist if the load gets too heavy.  So back to the question.  who supplies a suitable tank?   I have heard of cutting a suburban rear mount and using the original sending unit.  will the hitch still fit?  I would also like to fab a side mounted or a inside the bedside mounted fuel door.  I'm not big on the fuel door in the bed floor.  I know this is a lot of stuff to take in but I'm looking for the best route to take.  

Thanks  Chad  

wayne712222 wayne712222
User | Posts: 180 | Joined: 10/13
05:17 PM

there are several forum threads on very similar mods about six months or a year ago here or over at custom classic trucks forum..

if i get a chance late tonight i will look up some of them..   and link it..  

wayne712222 wayne712222
User | Posts: 180 | Joined: 10/13
05:50 PM

hmm..  put the word tank in the upper right search term..  

then find the tab all the way to the right that says.. photos..

click again..   that will take you to several articles.. somebody has the anti linking software tight on this forum..  

chad_zeh chad_zeh
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 06/14
Posted: 06/05/14
05:12 AM

Thanks Wayne.   looks like lotsa articles.  cant wait to get this project rolling.  

chad