questions on a 100% orginal 57 3100 restore, how to keep the value

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

questions on a 100% orginal 57 3100 restore, how to keep the value

russell.spence russell.spence
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 03/14
Posted: 03/19/14
02:00 PM

Have a great 100% orginal 57 truck I'm about to start restoring. I'm going to have the orginal inline 6 motor and tranny rebuilt so it runs like new. I'm going to wet sand and clear coat the orginal patina. So all that will remain orginal,  my question is on the interior. Its pretty rough and fadded and wanted to repaint it to match the factory orginal paint. My question is will it hurt the value if I paint the interior? Will that mess up the "100% all orginal" vaule? Would hate to make a small mistake like that and decrease the value.

Thanks for your help  

russell.spence russell.spence
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 03/14
Posted: 03/19/14
02:15 PM

Also plan on lowering it but keeping the stock springs if when I decide to sell it they wavy to put it back up to orginal height.

Any thoughts?

Thanks  

Old Chevy Old Chevy
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 03/14
Posted: 03/22/14
04:28 AM

I would restore the truck in a manner in which you would like to drive it.  That insures you enjoy your truck while you have it and, who knows, you might just be turning it into exactly what the next "top bidder" is looking for.  
It sounds like you are pretty smart in putting a lot of time into planning and not going too radical in any direction so I would think you will be in a good spot when it comes time to sell.  

Old Chevy Old Chevy
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 03/14
Posted: 03/22/14
04:28 AM

I would restore the truck in a manner in which you would like to drive it.  That insures you enjoy your truck while you have it and, who knows, you might just be turning it into exactly what the next "top bidder" is looking for.  
It sounds like you are pretty smart in putting a lot of time into planning and not going too radical in any direction so I would think you will be in a good spot when it comes time to sell.