Need a Radiater for a 1955 r190 international

Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

Need a Radiater for a 1955 r190 international

rezod1 rezod1
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/14
Posted: 05/02/14
05:14 AM

Trying to find  a decent Radiater or a close fit for my 1955 r190 truck, original one is totally rotted out,  any help is appreciated, located in central Illinois . Truck was last inspected in 1992 and currently being re-assembled back to running condition.  Thank you  

wayne712222 wayne712222
User | Posts: 180 | Joined: 10/13
Posted: 05/02/14
10:02 AM

i am taking that you can lay the radiator down and get some accurate measurements...

there are radiator manufacturers around the country.. some easy to find others not..

that can take your existing radiator parts... duplicate them create a whole new radiator core.. assemble it and you are ready

i found this site that shows other international truck radiators..

http://www.radiatorworks.com/heavy-duty-radiator/truck/navistar-international/all

after you do a detailed drawing.  you might be able to go thru all the different truck radiators.. or if even the car radiators to find something..

there used to be a great radiator manufacturer here in los angeles.. they were just a small  company.  sold mainly to wrecking years, a few parts stores and actually radiator shops..  but the importing of radiators took the profit out of it..

they actually made me a 3 row radiator for my 66 GTO that could keep it cool.. had a 4 row made for a ford van... that was used for cross country towing..

lay your radiator down...  take a picture of it.. get it in your computer and draw the measurements on the image. upload it to photobucket.. paste the link here .. i will look thru my info..  photograph the mounting area also..  so some of use could see if something larger could fit.   you could fold up a cardboard box. or duct tape and several layers of foam board to duplicate what size will fit..